A visitor’s experience at the Museum of the American West in Lander has been enhanced by a video project to better bring local history to life.
The Mid America Printmaking Council 2018 conference is coming west. The biennial national conference will be hosted by the University of Wyoming Department of Art and Art History October 3 – 6. The conference includes exhibitions, panel discussions, demonstrations, interaction with vendors and professional contact with artists and scholars.
The next Cultural Trust Fund grant deadline is October 1, 2018 for projects/events/activities which occur after January 1, 2019. The REVISED application guidelines and form is available on the website, wyoculturaltrust.com.
The Sublette County Historical Society is excited to announce the completion of upgrades to the Trappers Point Overlook. A 50th anniversary re-dedication ceremony will take place on Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 10:00am at Trappers Point. Fur trade historian Jim Hardee will discuss the historic Green River Rendezvous, State Representative Albert Sommers will talk about the Green River Drift, and former Wyoming State Archaeologist Mark Miller will describe the significance of the Trappers Point pronghorn archaeology site. A free bus, sponsored by Sublette BOCES, will leave the Museum of the Mountain Man in Pinedale at 9:30am for those who would prefer not to drive. Registration for the bus is recommended and available online at http://www.subletteboces.com/classes/.
The University of Wyoming Department of Theatre and Dance is pleased to present our touring production of SIX SONGS FROM ELLIS to Wyoming communities May 14-25, 2018.
pARTners wants to thank and acknowledge the Wyoming Cultural Trust Fund for supporting the 43rd annual “Art & Literature in Nature” program that occurred March 12-16th, 2018 in Sinks Canyon State Park, located outside of Lander Wyoming. “Art & Lit” was sponsored in collaboration with Teton County School District #1 (Jackson Hole High School) and Exum Mountain Guides, with artistic and financial support from pARTners and the Wyoming Cultural Trust. 45 high school aged students and 7 adults spent 5 days in the Popo Agie campground and surrounding areas, with a final day working collaboratively with students at the Wind River Indian reservation.
The holdings of the Arapahoe Ranch have been in use for raising livestock since 1870. The ranch was started by Colonel George Sliney. Sliney’s lasting imprint on the Ranch is the irrigation ditch system, there is still a ditch just north of the Ranch Headquarters called the Sliney ditch. In the early days it was a sheep operation and was known as the Padlock Ranch. Sometime before 1918 the Padlock Ranch was purchased by a Midwest Industrialist by the name of Lee Simenson.